Monday, July 28, 2008

Mikey update, Monday-7/28, 8:12pm

I want to start out by thanking everyone that attended the SOLD OUT benefit at Nectars. Luckily it was video taped and I was able to enjoy it from home. As a result I converted it to a DVD and members of Turkey Bullion Mafia are making copies to distribute to people if they wish. For anyone interested in seeing what I have been up to, I have uploaded a few pictures from the past month (Andy is making me take out the bloody ones). Since the last blog update I have had the wires taken out of my mouth and replaced with rubber bands. I have been able to eat with a spoon which has been a blessing. All stitches have been removed from my legs and arm and things seem to be healing well. The selfless monetary support from friends and loved ones from around the world has been more powerful then the medicine described from the doctors them selfs.

For curiosities sake I have no interest in owning a cab company or bringing any unneeded financial burden to anyone. My heart goes out to anyone effected by accident beside from myself. The stress with being in an accident is felt on both sides of the fence and since it wasn't an act of malicious intent I wish upon them peace of mind.

So long story short the doctors say that I am healing rather well considering. I want to throw some special thanks out to Pat, Ili, Jess, Andy and Liggy for helping spearheading all the fund raisers. All the money that was raised has be a huge help and I am forever great full for everything everybody has done for me in my time need.

Once again I would like to thanks my Mom (Nancy vanGulden), my cuddle partner and bedside nurse Jackie Reno.

I hope everyone continues to enjoy their summer.



Mike "chocolate Thunder" vanGulden



























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikey, You said "I have no interest in owning a cab company or bringing any unneeded financial burden to anyone." Just to clarify, that is not how an insurance claim works. That is why I was requesting that you call me. The cab company would have liability coverage for any bodily injury or property damage that they caused. It doesn't matter if there was malicious intent or not. This would not make you an owner of a cab company, or pay for your "pain and suffering" but IT WOULD PAY FOR ANY MEDICAL BILLS AND LOST WAGES. Again, please call me. Lee

Anonymous said...

To revise my above comment, I understand that a claim has now been filed. I am glad to hear that.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

hello Mikey,

Glad to hear you are feeling better and am wondering if you might have time to talk to me about a short video project for Obama that would feature you.

I am shooting this week so if you are interested, let me know soon!

Thanks!!
Eva in Burlington
evadeadbeat@gmail.com